Tuesday 4 February 2014

Smashing Orange - My Deranged Heart [7"]


I wasn't too familiar with the band SMASHING ORANGE, i must confess. I bought this single some time ago, to save on the postage for some other things that i bought online. They were an American band that was described in the NME as "Mudhoney meets My Bloody Valentine". Indeed it's an interesting mix of grunge and shoegaze, leaning a bit more towards the shoegaze side. Besides My Bloody Valentine i hear some influences from fellow Americans Medicine. This MY DERANGED HEART single was their debut release, and wah-pedals were probably their favourite gear since they were used abundantly. A pretty cool release!

Label: Ringers Lactate
Cat.nr.: RL 02
Year of release: 1991

SIDE A:
01. My Deranged Heart

SIDE B:
01. Only Complete In You

No comments:

Post a Comment